US warns Americans in Pak to avoid using catering firm
Islamabad: The US embassy has warned
American residents in Pakistan to avoid using a high-profile
catering firm based in the capital because terrorist groups
may have "established links" with it.
In an email to Americans living in Pakistan, the
embassy said US government personnel had been instructed to
avoid using the Hanif Rajput Catering Service.
The catering firm is popular with diplomatic missions
and staff living in Islamabad.
Till about two years ago, it even catered for parties
organised by the Indian mission and diplomats.
Earlier this week, Pakistani authorities said one of
two persons arrested for alleged links to the botched New York
car bombing was called Salman Ashraf.
He was identified as the son of the owner of Hanif
Rajput Catering Service.
The US embassy`s message said the catering firm is
owned by Rana Ashraf Khan and his son Salman Ashraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends