USAID closes Islamabad offices over security threat
Lahore: US authorities have closed all USAID offices in Islamabad after receiving threats from unidentified miscreants, a private TV channel has reported.
According to the channel, the authorities decided to close the offices after two USAID officials received threats on the phone.
The channel reported that US authorities had suggested USAID officials take extra security measures, whereas Pakistanis working for the agency had also been directed to work from home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far