USAID closes Islamabad offices over security threat
Lahore: US authorities have closed all USAID offices in Islamabad after receiving threats from unidentified miscreants, a private TV channel has reported.
According to the channel, the authorities decided to close the offices after two USAID officials received threats on the phone.
The channel reported that US authorities had suggested USAID officials take extra security measures, whereas Pakistanis working for the agency had also been directed to work from home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'