Video of 17-year-old Swat girl’s flogging was ‘fake’
Peshawar: The video footage showing a 17-year-old Swat girl being publicly flogged by the Taliban has been termed a “fake” by its maker.
The Swat resident, who had shot the grainy video depicting a girl being pinned down by three men and lashed 34 times for allegedly being seen with a man who was not her husband, is now claiming that he received a half million rupees to make the video.
After the video surfaced in 2009, the Swat Government had ordered a probe, The News reports.
Law-enforcement agencies questioned the maker of the video, the girl being flogged in it and children present in the clip.
They revealed that the video was fake and said that it was made on the demand of Islamabad-based NGO.
According to sources, the girl reportedly admitted to having received 0.1 million rupees while 50,000 rupees was given to each child.
They added that the NGO had produced the video to defame Pakistan’s integrity and respect.
The law-enforcement agencies reportedly have proposed action against the concerned NGO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof