Video of 17-year-old Swat girl’s flogging was ‘fake’
Peshawar: The video footage showing a 17-year-old Swat girl being publicly flogged by the Taliban has been termed a “fake” by its maker.
The Swat resident, who had shot the grainy video depicting a girl being pinned down by three men and lashed 34 times for allegedly being seen with a man who was not her husband, is now claiming that he received a half million rupees to make the video.
After the video surfaced in 2009, the Swat Government had ordered a probe, The News reports.
Law-enforcement agencies questioned the maker of the video, the girl being flogged in it and children present in the clip.
They revealed that the video was fake and said that it was made on the demand of Islamabad-based NGO.
According to sources, the girl reportedly admitted to having received 0.1 million rupees while 50,000 rupees was given to each child.
They added that the NGO had produced the video to defame Pakistan’s integrity and respect.
The law-enforcement agencies reportedly have proposed action against the concerned NGO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'