Violence flares in Karachi, Quetta; 9 killed
Karachi: A fresh wave of violence and target killings hit Pakistan`s largest city, with nine people killed in incidents of firing today, even as Balochistan`s capital Quetta simmered with tensions.
In Karachi, police confirmed the death of at least nine people in different incidents of firing, and said they had also arrested a notorious target killer.
Meanwhile, in Quetta, at least nine people were injured when unknown gunmen opened fire on a rally taken out by the Awami National Party to protest the bomb attack at an ANP rally in the city yesterday.
For the last one month, dozens have been killed in target killing incidents in Karachi including activists of the Mutthaida Qaumi Movement, ANP, Pakistan Peoples Party and some religious outfits.
It has become a routine for police to find bodies of apparent torture victims in gunny bags from different localities in the city.
The worst hit areas have been in the old city and on the outskirts of Karachi.
Unknown assailants today killed one Jaman Shah and his wife after forcibly entering their house.
In another sensitive locality of Orangi Town, Syed Jamal Faisal, a Sindh High Court (SHC) employee, and Jamil Baloch of Baldia town were killed in separate incidents of firing.
Two bodies of torture victims were recovered from ditches in the Aaso Goth area of Malir and al Asif Square in Sohrab Goth. Police also recovered the body of a woman from the Sikandar Goth area of Sacchal.
In Quetta, police said at least nine persons were wounded when unknown gunmen opened fire on a rally passing through a double road.
Later, other ANP workers reached the hospital and chanted slogans against police and administration and also manhandled police and paramilitary personnel.
The ANP had announced a shutter down strike for today and three days mourning in Balochistan over the bomb explosion near the venue of a rally arranged by the ANP in Kuchlak Bazaar yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma