Violence in Pak a threat to prosperous future of citizens: US
Washington: Condoling the deaths of 15 people in a terrorist attack in northwest Pakistan, the United States has said that violence is a threat to the prosperous future of the citizens of the country.
"We offer the families of all those killed in today`s attacks our deepest condolences and wish those injured a speedy recovery. We remain concerned about extremist violence of all kinds," the State Department spokesman, Jen Psaki, told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
"Violence against innocent civilians is an assault on the values of the people of Pakistan and a threat to a prosperous future of all citizens," Psaki said responding to questions on the latest terrorist attack inside Pakistan.
At least 15 people were killed and about 50 others injured when two blasts ripped through two mosques in the restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of northwest Pakistan today, officials said.
The blasts occurred during Friday prayers in the mosques in the remote Bazdara area of Malakand district, an erstwhile stronghold of the Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest