Violence in Pak a threat to prosperous future of citizens: US
Washington: Condoling the deaths of 15 people in a terrorist attack in northwest Pakistan, the United States has said that violence is a threat to the prosperous future of the citizens of the country.
"We offer the families of all those killed in today`s attacks our deepest condolences and wish those injured a speedy recovery. We remain concerned about extremist violence of all kinds," the State Department spokesman, Jen Psaki, told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
"Violence against innocent civilians is an assault on the values of the people of Pakistan and a threat to a prosperous future of all citizens," Psaki said responding to questions on the latest terrorist attack inside Pakistan.
At least 15 people were killed and about 50 others injured when two blasts ripped through two mosques in the restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of northwest Pakistan today, officials said.
The blasts occurred during Friday prayers in the mosques in the remote Bazdara area of Malakand district, an erstwhile stronghold of the Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II