Waiter jailed for molesting Indian girl in UAE
Dubai: An Afghan waiter has been sentenced to five years in jail for molesting an Indian girl in a lift in the UAE.
The Dubai Court of First Instance jailed the Afghan waiter, A.D., 22, for five months after he was convicted of walking behind a 16-year-old Indian girl into a lift and molesting her Jan 24, Gulf News reported Thursday.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty and denied the accusations in court.
Presiding judge Ezzat Abdul Lat said the defendant will be deported after serving his jail term.
The ruling remains subject to appeal within 15 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’