Well-known Shia lawyer shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: A well-known Shia lawyer was on Friday shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the latest in a string of sectarian attacks in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan today.
Malik Jarrar was driving his two children to school when two men riding a motorcycle fired at him at Gulbahar Road in Peshawar.
Jarrar was killed instantly while his children remained unhurt, police officials said.
The attackers fled after the shooting. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Police registered a case and launched a search for the killers.
Lawyers` organisations protested against the killing and decided to boycott work at all courts for two days.
Shia groups too condemned the incident and criticised the authorities for failing to provide adequate protection to the minority community.
Two doctors and a superintendent of police are among the Shias who were killed in recent sectarian attacks in Peshawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam