Well-known Shia lawyer shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: A well-known Shia lawyer was on Friday shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the latest in a string of sectarian attacks in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan today.
Malik Jarrar was driving his two children to school when two men riding a motorcycle fired at him at Gulbahar Road in Peshawar.
Jarrar was killed instantly while his children remained unhurt, police officials said.
The attackers fled after the shooting. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Police registered a case and launched a search for the killers.
Lawyers` organisations protested against the killing and decided to boycott work at all courts for two days.
Shia groups too condemned the incident and criticised the authorities for failing to provide adequate protection to the minority community.
Two doctors and a superintendent of police are among the Shias who were killed in recent sectarian attacks in Peshawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video