When China’s minister snubbed Zardari
Islamabad: Visiting Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi refused to go to Karachi to meet Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, a report said on Wednesday.
Pakistan`s Online News Network cited well-placed sources as saying that Jiechi and Zardari were initially scheduled to meet in Islamabad. However, Zardari later sought a meeting with the Chinese delegation in Karachi `due to his demanding engagements in the provincial as well as financial capital of the country`.
"However, the delegation expressed its inability to travel to Karachi to meet the President and insisted on the venue and time earlier finalised,” the sources added.
The Pakistan President was then forced to rush back to Islamabad “for the convenience of the high-value guests and expressing level of commitment Pakistan attaches to the neighbouring friendly country”, the Online news reported.
When the agency sought a clarification on the issue from Zardari’s spokesman, it got a SMS reply: "The meeting was scheduled in Islamabad."
On Wednesday, Jiechi called upon the international community to acknowledge the sacrifices made by Pakistan in the war on terror and the role it played against terrorists, and for peace in the region.
Jiechi arrived in Islamabad on a two-day visit to hold talks with Pakistani civil and military leaderships on regional peace, security and bilateral ties,
The Chinese minister also met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks