White House mum on delivering ‘bags of cash’ to Hamid Karzai
Washington: White House press secretary Jay Carney has declined to comment on a report that the CIA has regularly delivered bags of cash for more than a decade to Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s office in an attempt to buy influence.
Carney said that he has no information on the report by the New York Times asking to refer to CIA on the issue.
According to Politico, the Times reported that the cash, sometimes in stuffed suitcases, backpacks or even plastic shopping bags, may have fueled corruption instead of buying influence.
Carney also declined to comment on that or whether President Barack Obama knew about the payments.
He said that he did not have any specific comments on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj