White House mum on delivering ‘bags of cash’ to Hamid Karzai
Washington: White House press secretary Jay Carney has declined to comment on a report that the CIA has regularly delivered bags of cash for more than a decade to Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s office in an attempt to buy influence.
Carney said that he has no information on the report by the New York Times asking to refer to CIA on the issue.
According to Politico, the Times reported that the cash, sometimes in stuffed suitcases, backpacks or even plastic shopping bags, may have fueled corruption instead of buying influence.
Carney also declined to comment on that or whether President Barack Obama knew about the payments.
He said that he did not have any specific comments on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars