Will bring Benazir killers to justice: Sharif
Islamabad: Pakistani opposition leader Nawaz Sharif has vowed to bring to justice former prime minister Benazir Bhutto`s killers if he comes to power, Dawn News reported.
Addressing a rally in Bhutto`s hometown of Larkana in Sindh province Saturday, Nawaz Sharif, who has twice been the country`s prime minister, said he would mobilise all resources to arrest the Bhutto`s killers.
Criticising the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP)-led government, Sharif said nothing could be expected from it when it failed to even catch the murderers of the slain former prime minister.
"Being her brother, it`s my duty to arrest her killers," said the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz chief.
He also said that he did not view his opponents "as personal enemy", adding "my dream is to see Pakistan flourishing and its people prospering".
"We will change the people`s lives if voted to power. We are not those who will ditch you after seeking your vote," Sharif said.
Sharif lamented that Sindhis were abandoned and neglected by the PPP government in both episodes of heavy floods and rains.
He also accused the government of forgetting the displaced people after giving them the first instalment of Rs20,000 and still over 600,000 people were waiting to get financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 to repair their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’