Will give evidence of Indian role in Balochistan: Gilani
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza
Gilani today said Pakistan will produce evidence of India`s
alleged involvement in fomenting unrest in the tribal areas
and Balochistan when there is a need to do so.
"We are not silent on the issue. When we talk about
such evidence, the timing and forum to make them public have
to be determined.
When there is a need, we will produce the evidence at
that time," Gilani told a news conference at his official
He was responding to a question on when Pakistan
would make public the evidence it has of India’s alleged
interference in Balochistan and the tribal belt bordering
Gilani did not give details of the evidence that
Pakistan has purportedly gathered. Over the past few weeks,
Pakistani civil and military officials have claimed that
evidence of India’s alleged role in fomenting unrest has been
found by security forces and intelligence agencies.
Indian leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, have dismissed the charges and said Pakistan has
nothing to fear from India.
In response to another question, Gilani said he had
taken up the issue of an alleged Indian role in Balochistan
during his meeting with Singh in Egypt in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi