Will move against 26/11 terrorists with full force: Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan on Saturday assured India that it will move with "full force" against terrorists behind the 26/11 Mumbai carnage and asked New Delhi to join hands to defeat forces of terrorism that want to derail the dialogue between the two countries.
"We want to move ahead with full force against terrorism and terrorist organizations," Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi told an Indian TV news channel in an interview when asked whether he could assure India of concrete action against the Mumbai terror accused.
"Terror is hurting Pakistan. We ourselves are victims of terrorism," he added.
Pakistan and India need to get together to defeat terrorism, Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said today, describing terror as the "common enemy" of both countries.
"We have to, in my view, join hands to defeat the common enemy," the minister told the news channel.
Qureshi said his own meeting with Chidambaram was "good, candid. He put across the Indian point of view, the Indian concern. I put across the Pakistani perception".
Qureshi said terrorism was not just a regional problem but a global one.
"It is important to sit together, it is important to discuss in a frank manner... I am confident that these meetings will develop into positive outcomes. We have made the right beginning."
Qureshi, however, reiterated that India`s decision to suspend the bilateral dialogue with Pakistan in the wake of the November 2008 Mumbai terror attack was wrong.
"The suspension of the dialogue was not correct. Tell me, who benefited? Not india, not Pakistan. The net beneficiary were the terrorist forces."
He added, referring to terrorists: "We have to see how we can collectively defeat their designs."
The minister said that Pakistan today was itself a victim of terrorism. "It is in our interest to make tangible progress (in India-Pakistan relations), and we will make progress."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'