Will take Pak to developed status if voted to power: Sharif
Lahore: Pakistan`s former premier and opposition leader Nawaz Sharif on Sunday said his PML-N party had prepared an economic roadmap that would propel the country into the bracket of the world`s 10 most developed nations.
"We have prepared a roadmap that will take the country among the first 10 developed nations once we come to power," Sharif told a gathering of party workers in Lahore.
Once it comes to power, the PML-N will overcome Pakistan`s energy crisis in six months and address the issue of unemployment, he said.
"The improvement of the country`s economy will be our first priority," he told the meeting.
Sharif contended that the Pakistan People`s Party-led government had destroyed the economy.
"Every day a new corruption scandal surfaces and today`s Pakistan is not the one Muhammad Ali Jinnah had envisaged," he said.
Referring to the trading of corruption charges between leaders of the PML-N and cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf, Sharif said: "Politicians should not indulge in mudslinging".
In an apparent reference to recent differences between top leaders of the PML-N, Sharif said there was democracy in his party.
The PML-N is facing the prospect of a split as a key leader, Sardar Zulifqar Khosa, and his son Dost Muhammad Khosa have developed serious differences with Shahbaz Sharif, the younger brother of Nawaz Shraif and Chief Minister of Punjab province.
The differences between the Khosas and the Sharifs started surfacing last year over the registration of a case against Dost Muhammad for allegedly murdering his actress wife Sapna.
Dost, however, denied the charge.
President Asif Ali Zardari`s sister, Faryal Talpur, has telephoned Sardar Zulifqar Khosa and invited him to join the PPP.
Khosa reportedly told her that he would "seriously" consider the offer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'