Will take Pak to developed status if voted to power: Sharif
Lahore: Pakistan`s former premier and opposition leader Nawaz Sharif on Sunday said his PML-N party had prepared an economic roadmap that would propel the country into the bracket of the world`s 10 most developed nations.
"We have prepared a roadmap that will take the country among the first 10 developed nations once we come to power," Sharif told a gathering of party workers in Lahore.
Once it comes to power, the PML-N will overcome Pakistan`s energy crisis in six months and address the issue of unemployment, he said.
"The improvement of the country`s economy will be our first priority," he told the meeting.
Sharif contended that the Pakistan People`s Party-led government had destroyed the economy.
"Every day a new corruption scandal surfaces and today`s Pakistan is not the one Muhammad Ali Jinnah had envisaged," he said.
Referring to the trading of corruption charges between leaders of the PML-N and cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf, Sharif said: "Politicians should not indulge in mudslinging".
In an apparent reference to recent differences between top leaders of the PML-N, Sharif said there was democracy in his party.
The PML-N is facing the prospect of a split as a key leader, Sardar Zulifqar Khosa, and his son Dost Muhammad Khosa have developed serious differences with Shahbaz Sharif, the younger brother of Nawaz Shraif and Chief Minister of Punjab province.
The differences between the Khosas and the Sharifs started surfacing last year over the registration of a case against Dost Muhammad for allegedly murdering his actress wife Sapna.
Dost, however, denied the charge.
President Asif Ali Zardari`s sister, Faryal Talpur, has telephoned Sardar Zulifqar Khosa and invited him to join the PPP.
Khosa reportedly told her that he would "seriously" consider the offer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena