Will try to kill Malala Yousufzai again, Taliban warns
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: A year after Pakistan`s teen education activist Malala Yousufzai was shot at by Talibani gunmen, the militant outfit has reiterated its intent to attack her again, reports said Monday.
Speaking to ABC news, Pakistan Taliban spokesperson Shahidullah Shahid said that Malala was attacked not because of her education campaign, but because of her attack on Islam.
"We didn`t target her for spreading education in her area, we targeted her for making jokes of Islam, and that was enough reason for attacking her…. if we found her again then we would definitely try to kill her and will feel proud on her death," he said.
The threat by Taliban comes as Malala`s autobiography titled – "I am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban" is set to be published on Tuesday.
Malala in her autobiography has recounted her feelings after the attack on October 9 when she was shot at by Taliban militants as she was returning home from school.
The excerpts from Malala`s autobiography were released by the Sunday Times, according to which, her first thoughts after waking up in the hospital on October 16 was `Thank God I`m not dead`.
Malala, who has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, lives in Birmingham with her family now.
Malala has also been invited by Queen Elizabeth II to an Oct. 18 reception at Buckingham Palace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what