Woman accuses Taliban of flogging; files case in Pak court
Peshawar: One of the three women who have
come forward to accuse Taliban of flogging them Tuesday filed a
case against three militants in a court in Swat in northwest
Mairaja Bibi, who belongs to Dakorak area in Swat
district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, received 30 lashes from the
Taliban in December 2008.
She was punished on the charge of staying at the home
of her father-in-law without the presence of her husband.
The Charbagh police station has confirmed that she was
flogged by the militants.
In a petition filed in court, Mairaja Bibi named Esa
Khan, Muhammad Alamgir and Haroon Rashid as the militants who
flogged her in the presence of a gathering of about 200 men of
Mairaja Bibi is the third woman who has come forward
to accuse Taliban of flogging her.
Earlier, Chand Bibi and Sahira Bibi broken their
silence and narrated their ordeal at the hands of the
The Pakistan Army launched an operation in Swat last
year to flush out militants who had established a parallel
administration in the scenic valley located 160 km from
Troops killed hundreds of militants and arrested
Chand Bibi was the veiled woman shown being flogged in
a video shot with a mobile phone and circulated on the
internet last year.
The video had caused shock and revulsion among people
across Pakistan and other parts of the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package