Woman arrested for forcing minor daughter to marry
Lahore: A woman in the eastern Pakistani city has been arrested for forcing her 11-year-old daughter to marry a man in his 40s.
Muhammad Niaz, resident of the thickly populated Ghorey Shah neighbourhood here called police yesterday and complained that his wife Tasleem Kausar was trying to forcibly marry their daughter Farzana with a neighbour.
"The girl is reluctant to marry but her mother is insisting on the marriage. She has threatened to expel Farzana from the house," Niaz said.
He said he had been without work for several weeks following which his wife decided to "sell" their daughter.
Police arrested Tasleem while the prospective groom managed to escape.
A case was registered against the woman under provisions of the Pakistan Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why