Woman arrested for forcing minor daughter to marry
Lahore: A woman in the eastern Pakistani city has been arrested for forcing her 11-year-old daughter to marry a man in his 40s.
Muhammad Niaz, resident of the thickly populated Ghorey Shah neighbourhood here called police yesterday and complained that his wife Tasleem Kausar was trying to forcibly marry their daughter Farzana with a neighbour.
"The girl is reluctant to marry but her mother is insisting on the marriage. She has threatened to expel Farzana from the house," Niaz said.
He said he had been without work for several weeks following which his wife decided to "sell" their daughter.
Police arrested Tasleem while the prospective groom managed to escape.
A case was registered against the woman under provisions of the Pakistan Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'