Woman attacked with acid in Lahore
Lahore: A 35-year-old Pakistani woman was attacked with acid by an unidentified man near a Sufi shrine here, police said on Tuesday.
According to police officials, Naziran Bibi was passing by the shrine in the thickly populated Mozang area yesterday when the man threw acid at her and escaped.
The acid burnt Naziran`s face and chest. Local residents took her to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital where the doctors described her condition as "very critical". Police launched a search for the attacker.
Despite a new law that imposes strict punishment for acid attacks, such assaults against women have been reported from across the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video