Woman attacked with acid in Lahore
Lahore: A 35-year-old Pakistani woman was attacked with acid by an unidentified man near a Sufi shrine here, police said on Tuesday.
According to police officials, Naziran Bibi was passing by the shrine in the thickly populated Mozang area yesterday when the man threw acid at her and escaped.
The acid burnt Naziran`s face and chest. Local residents took her to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital where the doctors described her condition as "very critical". Police launched a search for the attacker.
Despite a new law that imposes strict punishment for acid attacks, such assaults against women have been reported from across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video