Woman in Taliban love triangle, executed
London: A helpless Afghan woman was gunned down because two Taliban fighters "could not decide who could have her", the Daily Mail reported Monday.
The 22-year-old woman, said to have been married to a member of a hardline Taliban militant group, was shot dead after being accused of adultery with a Taliban commander.
Amateur footage show a crowd of bearded men gathered to watch a rifle-wielding gunman shoot her in the head and back in Afghanistan`s Qimchok village.
The footage shows the woman, known only as Najiba, slump to the floor, as dozens of men on a nearby hillside cheer, "God is great!".
The shooter, who is seen wearing an orange pakol (the traditional Afghan hat), swiftly executes her - but continues to shoot her dead body whilst walking towards it.
Officials in Afghanistan said the killing, in Parwan province, came about due to a dispute between two Taliban members, who had argued over the woman.
Parwan province governor Abdul Basir Salangi told CNN that as both Taliban men "had some kind of relationship with the woman", they instead opted to accuse her of adultery to "save face".
The images came from an undated video, although it is thought the Afghanistan execution took place some time in late June, the newspaper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate
- Indian-origin siblings forced off easyJet plane over 'ISIS claims'
- NC delegation meets Rajnath Singh, demands ban on pellet guns use in J&K
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA