Woman in Taliban love triangle, executed
London: A helpless Afghan woman was gunned down because two Taliban fighters "could not decide who could have her", the Daily Mail reported Monday.
The 22-year-old woman, said to have been married to a member of a hardline Taliban militant group, was shot dead after being accused of adultery with a Taliban commander.
Amateur footage show a crowd of bearded men gathered to watch a rifle-wielding gunman shoot her in the head and back in Afghanistan`s Qimchok village.
The footage shows the woman, known only as Najiba, slump to the floor, as dozens of men on a nearby hillside cheer, "God is great!".
The shooter, who is seen wearing an orange pakol (the traditional Afghan hat), swiftly executes her - but continues to shoot her dead body whilst walking towards it.
Officials in Afghanistan said the killing, in Parwan province, came about due to a dispute between two Taliban members, who had argued over the woman.
Parwan province governor Abdul Basir Salangi told CNN that as both Taliban men "had some kind of relationship with the woman", they instead opted to accuse her of adultery to "save face".
The images came from an undated video, although it is thought the Afghanistan execution took place some time in late June, the newspaper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof