Woman killed in Peshawar in IED blast
Peshawar: A woman was killed and three
others injured in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday when an explosive
device planted along the road went off as the van they were
travelling in passed by.
The Improvised Explosive Device went off near Doaba
town in Hangu district of Khyber-Pakthunkhwa province injuring
the four passengers in the van, which was travelling from
Hangu to Peshawar.
The injured woman was rushed to the local hospital but
she succumbed to her injuries.
Militants associated with different banned groups have
extensively mined the area near the Afghan border to target
security forces’ convoys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa