Woman suicide bomber hits Afghan government office
Kabul: Afghan police say a female suicide bomber has blown herself up as she tried to attack a local government office in the capital of Kunar province.
The province is a hotbed of militancy in northeast Afghanistan along the Pakistan border.
Deputy provincial police chief, Abdul Sabor Allayar, says the guards outside the government`s intelligence office in Asad Abad became suspicious of the woman and started shooting, at which point she detonated her explosives.
There were no other casualties in Saturday`s attack.
Afghan and US-led coalition forces conducted operations earlier this month, killing more than 100 insurgents in an effort to curb violence in rugged areas of Kunar where the coalition and Afghan government have a light footprint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda