Won’t allow Pak market for Indian goods: Saeed
Lahore: Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has said an attempt was being made to make Pakistan a market for Indian goods at the cost of his country’s industry and agriculture that will ultimately weaken its defence vis-à-vis India.
“If we are in a state of war, it is not fought with weapons alone. Trade and economy is also used as a weapon to defeat the enemy country”, The Nation quoted him, as saying.
He is also opposed giving transit facility to India to trade with Afghanistan, saying Pakistan was not formed to facilitate Indian trade with other countries.
He claimed that Pakistan would lose its case in the International Court of Arbitration regarding illegal construction of dams on rivers originating in Kashmir after purchasing electricity from India.
“It is irony of fate that India was trying to sell cheap electricity to Pakistan which has been generated by stopping Pakistan’s waters,” he added.
He claimed the US had wanted to get access to the Guadar Port and was thereby inciting a handful of miscreants to separate Balochistan from Pakistan.
He said tabling of a resolution that seeks a separate status for Balochistan in the US Congress was an ample proof of its involvement in the province.
He denied claims of a separatist movement in Balochistan and slammed such speculations as mere propaganda by the US and India.
“I have visited the province many a time and have also talked to Baloch political organisations and the general public. They want to live within the constitutional framework of Pakistan,” he added.
Hafiz said he was not a part of any armed movement, but warned that he would adopt any means to defend its country if it came under threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees