`Won’t tolerate militant wings in Pak parties`
Multan: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has warned that militant wings in any political party will not be tolerated at all.
Addressing a gathering at the Multan Circuit House, Gilani said that all criminals, terrorists and militants in Karachi would be dealt with sternly.
“We will not tolerate militant wings in any party,” The News quoted him, as saying.
The Prime Minister also strongly criticised land grabbers and extortionists, and warned that the land grabbers should vacate the state lands within one month, otherwise the government would have to take action to get its property vacated.
Gilani also expressed his resolve to remove the sense of deprivation among the people of under-developed areas.
He recalled that a sense of deprivation prevailed among the people of Dhaka before 1971, and said that the same feeling currently prevails among the people of southern Punjab.
The people want their rights protected and “we will support them to remove their six-decade long sense of deprivation. It is our responsibility to act in accordance with their aspirations,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference