`Won’t tolerate militant wings in Pak parties`
Multan: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has warned that militant wings in any political party will not be tolerated at all.
Addressing a gathering at the Multan Circuit House, Gilani said that all criminals, terrorists and militants in Karachi would be dealt with sternly.
“We will not tolerate militant wings in any party,” The News quoted him, as saying.
The Prime Minister also strongly criticised land grabbers and extortionists, and warned that the land grabbers should vacate the state lands within one month, otherwise the government would have to take action to get its property vacated.
Gilani also expressed his resolve to remove the sense of deprivation among the people of under-developed areas.
He recalled that a sense of deprivation prevailed among the people of Dhaka before 1971, and said that the same feeling currently prevails among the people of southern Punjab.
The people want their rights protected and “we will support them to remove their six-decade long sense of deprivation. It is our responsibility to act in accordance with their aspirations,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!