`Won’t tolerate militant wings in Pak parties`
Multan: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has warned that militant wings in any political party will not be tolerated at all.
Addressing a gathering at the Multan Circuit House, Gilani said that all criminals, terrorists and militants in Karachi would be dealt with sternly.
“We will not tolerate militant wings in any party,” The News quoted him, as saying.
The Prime Minister also strongly criticised land grabbers and extortionists, and warned that the land grabbers should vacate the state lands within one month, otherwise the government would have to take action to get its property vacated.
Gilani also expressed his resolve to remove the sense of deprivation among the people of under-developed areas.
He recalled that a sense of deprivation prevailed among the people of Dhaka before 1971, and said that the same feeling currently prevails among the people of southern Punjab.
The people want their rights protected and “we will support them to remove their six-decade long sense of deprivation. It is our responsibility to act in accordance with their aspirations,” he added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU