`World converted noble Pakistanis into warriors’
Karachi: Blaming the international community for the current chaos in the country, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has said that the “world has converted noble Pakistanis into warriors”.
Speaking after signing the ‘Gift of life’ certificate by him for donating all his body organs at the President House here, Zardari said that Pakistan was forced into the struggle against extremism and terrorism and now it was finding it hard to come out of it.
“Those who are pointing fingers at us, my message for them is that we did not create this new format of war. This is not Pakistan-specific and this is not made in our laboratories. Yes, we are guilty of saving the world and you are guilty of forgetting us, your allies,” The Daily Times quoted Zardari, as saying.
Zardari pointed out that the country was going through turmoil and turbulence at present, and it needed the support of the international community.
“The country has handled the world’s largest displacement of 2.5 million people,” he said while referring to the exodus caused due to the military offensive in Pakistan’s northwestern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan