World should realise Pak`s sacrifices: China
Islamabad: Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi has called upon the international community to acknowledge the sacrifices made by Pakistan in the war on terror and the role it played against terrorists, and for peace in the region.
"The world should realise its role and the sacrifices it made in the war on terror," the Daily Times quoted Jiechi, as saying.
Jiechi, who arrived in Islamabad on a two-day visit to hold talks with Pakistani civil and military leaderships on regional peace, security and bilateral ties, was addressing a joint press conference along with Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar.
Jiechi said Pakistan has been playing a positive role for peace and stability in the region.
In the backdrop of current international scenario, he said, China would support Pakistan in safeguarding its sovereignty, territorial integrity, honour and economic interest.
He also praised Pakistan’s policy of having friendly relations with all the neighbouring countries and beyond.
Jiechi also met President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani.
Zardari, during his meeting with Jiechi, emphasised upon the need for fast-track implementation of Pakistan-China agreed projects in areas of energy, mining, infrastructure, IT, communication and agriculture, for the mutual benefit of the two countries.
He also proposed establishment of trans-border economic zones for shared development and prosperity of Gilgit-Baltistan and western regions of China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'