Yemen arrests 5 Pakistanis for promoting al Qaeda
Sana`a: Five Pakistanis were arrested in Yemen on Thursday for disseminating al Qaeda ideology and inciting people to kill non-Muslims, Xinhua reported.
The accused, aged between 27 and 65, were arrested in the Yemeni capital, the Interior Ministry said on its website.
Five Yemenis were also held for helping the Pakistanis. Police have launched a probe.
The government has intensified its anti-terror operations after the al Qaeda network in Yemen claimed responsibility for a failed attempt to blow up a US passenger plane bound for Detroit on Christmas Day last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj