Yemen arrests 5 Pakistanis for promoting al Qaeda
Sana`a: Five Pakistanis were arrested in Yemen on Thursday for disseminating al Qaeda ideology and inciting people to kill non-Muslims, Xinhua reported.
The accused, aged between 27 and 65, were arrested in the Yemeni capital, the Interior Ministry said on its website.
Five Yemenis were also held for helping the Pakistanis. Police have launched a probe.
The government has intensified its anti-terror operations after the al Qaeda network in Yemen claimed responsibility for a failed attempt to blow up a US passenger plane bound for Detroit on Christmas Day last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know