Yemen arrests 5 Pakistanis for promoting al Qaeda
Sana`a: Five Pakistanis were arrested in Yemen on Thursday for disseminating al Qaeda ideology and inciting people to kill non-Muslims, Xinhua reported.
The accused, aged between 27 and 65, were arrested in the Yemeni capital, the Interior Ministry said on its website.
Five Yemenis were also held for helping the Pakistanis. Police have launched a probe.
The government has intensified its anti-terror operations after the al Qaeda network in Yemen claimed responsibility for a failed attempt to blow up a US passenger plane bound for Detroit on Christmas Day last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one
- Share-transfer dispute: Delhi HC asks Spicejet, Kalanithi Maran to set up arbitral tribunal
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more