Zardari, 61 % of Pak MPs never paid taxes: Imran
Lahore: Pakistan`s cricketer-turned-
politician Imran Khan has claimed that President Asif Ali
Zardari, Chief Ministers of three provinces and 61 per cent of
MPs have never paid any taxes, reflecting the widespread
corruption in the country.
Khan alleged that Zardari and former Premier Nawaz
Sharif were hand in glove. While Sharif had paid only Rs 5,000
as tax, Zardari paid no tax, he claimed.
About 61 per cent of Pakistan`s Parliamentarians and
Chief Ministers of three provinces have also never paid any
taxes, he claimed.
Khan appealed to the Supreme Court to reopen a case
filed by former Air Force chief Asghar Khan so that the nation
could know how much money politicians had received from an
intelligence agency, which he did not identify.
He also asked Sharif to return Rs 3.5 million that he
had allegedly received from an intelligence agency.
"Sharif had convinced me to boycott the 2008 election
but then he could not keep his own word and went for the
polls," he said.
"Sharif has wrongly been taking credit for the
restoration of deposed Supreme Court judges, as he terminated
his march (aimed at reinstating them) at Gujranwala after
getting an assurance that the PML-N would be given the
government in Punjab," Khan said.
Denying the PML-N`s allegation that the ISI was
promoting his Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party, Khan said the
PML-N had been enjoying such patronage.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today