Zardari asks NWFP Governor to finalize rehabilitation and reconstruction pla
Islamabad: Even as the Pakistani military enters the last leg of its ground offensive against the Taliban in South Waziristan, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has directed the NWFP Governor Owais Ghani to chart out a rehabilitation and reconstruction plan for the tribal agency.
A newspaper quoted Zardari’s spokesman Farhatullah Babar, as saying that the finalized plan will be put into action soon after the operation officially ends in South Waziristan Agency.
The short-term measures under the plan would include the rehabilitation of the displaced people, and repairing of the damaged infrastructure.
In the medium term, new developmental projects will be undertaken that provide new economic opportunities to the people.
And the long-term measures would be taken to reform the militant mindset through education, social and political reforms. It would also include mega development projects through public private partnership.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference