Zardari asks NWFP Governor to finalize rehabilitation and reconstruction pla
Islamabad: Even as the Pakistani military enters the last leg of its ground offensive against the Taliban in South Waziristan, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has directed the NWFP Governor Owais Ghani to chart out a rehabilitation and reconstruction plan for the tribal agency.
A newspaper quoted Zardari’s spokesman Farhatullah Babar, as saying that the finalized plan will be put into action soon after the operation officially ends in South Waziristan Agency.
The short-term measures under the plan would include the rehabilitation of the displaced people, and repairing of the damaged infrastructure.
In the medium term, new developmental projects will be undertaken that provide new economic opportunities to the people.
And the long-term measures would be taken to reform the militant mindset through education, social and political reforms. It would also include mega development projects through public private partnership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list