Zardari asks NWFP Governor to finalize rehabilitation and reconstruction pla
Islamabad: Even as the Pakistani military enters the last leg of its ground offensive against the Taliban in South Waziristan, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has directed the NWFP Governor Owais Ghani to chart out a rehabilitation and reconstruction plan for the tribal agency.
A newspaper quoted Zardari’s spokesman Farhatullah Babar, as saying that the finalized plan will be put into action soon after the operation officially ends in South Waziristan Agency.
The short-term measures under the plan would include the rehabilitation of the displaced people, and repairing of the damaged infrastructure.
In the medium term, new developmental projects will be undertaken that provide new economic opportunities to the people.
And the long-term measures would be taken to reform the militant mindset through education, social and political reforms. It would also include mega development projects through public private partnership.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler