Zardari asks NWFP Governor to finalize rehabilitation and reconstruction pla
Islamabad: Even as the Pakistani military enters the last leg of its ground offensive against the Taliban in South Waziristan, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has directed the NWFP Governor Owais Ghani to chart out a rehabilitation and reconstruction plan for the tribal agency.
A newspaper quoted Zardari’s spokesman Farhatullah Babar, as saying that the finalized plan will be put into action soon after the operation officially ends in South Waziristan Agency.
The short-term measures under the plan would include the rehabilitation of the displaced people, and repairing of the damaged infrastructure.
In the medium term, new developmental projects will be undertaken that provide new economic opportunities to the people.
And the long-term measures would be taken to reform the militant mindset through education, social and political reforms. It would also include mega development projects through public private partnership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt