Zardari cancels engagements due to illness
Lahore: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari cancelled all his engagements during a visit to this eastern city as he is unwell, an aide said on Saturday.
Instead, he rested the whole day yesterday, reportedly on the advice of doctors.
"President Zardari is not feeling well. But there is nothing serious with his health", a member of the President`s media team told a news agency.
He was scheduled to attend the founder`s day function of the renowned Aitchison College and to meet leaders of his Pakistan People`s Party.
Zardari is staying at Bilawal House, his new private bomb-proof residence spread over 25 acres at Bahria Town and reportedly gifted to him by property tycoon Malik Riaz Hussain.
A PPP leader, who did not want to be named, remarked that the President had been under a lot of stress after he decided to go ahead with the controversial USD 7.5-billion Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline project despite the threat of US sanctions.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, Kashmir Affairs Minister Manzoor Wattoo and Water Minister Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar were among those who called on Zardari last night to inquire after his health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar