Zardari compared to sluggish George W Bush
London: After facing jeers and shoes, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari`s absence from home as his nation is ravaged by worst ever floods, has now been compared to George W Bush`s sluggish response to Hurricane Katrina that submerged New Orleans in 2005.
The accusation has come from his niece Fatima Bhutto who said "the only thing he seems to have accomplished was to expose the vast unpopularity of his regime."
Fatima compared Zardari`s absence from Pakistan during the flood to sluggish response to then US president George W Bush to Hurricane Katrina.
She told Sky News, "He (Zardari) managed some photo opportunity. He visited his private estate in France and got two shoes thrown at him in Birmingham. That`s all he is coming back to Pakistan with."
Fatima was referring to PPP rally for Zardari in Burhingham where Zardari faced jeers and cat-calls. Zardari, who chose to go on a foreign tour as his country faced a disaster, continues to face ire from public and media.
Media reports in Pakistan described his visit as a "joy ride”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report