Zardari compared to sluggish George W Bush
London: After facing jeers and shoes, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari`s absence from home as his nation is ravaged by worst ever floods, has now been compared to George W Bush`s sluggish response to Hurricane Katrina that submerged New Orleans in 2005.
The accusation has come from his niece Fatima Bhutto who said "the only thing he seems to have accomplished was to expose the vast unpopularity of his regime."
Fatima compared Zardari`s absence from Pakistan during the flood to sluggish response to then US president George W Bush to Hurricane Katrina.
She told Sky News, "He (Zardari) managed some photo opportunity. He visited his private estate in France and got two shoes thrown at him in Birmingham. That`s all he is coming back to Pakistan with."
Fatima was referring to PPP rally for Zardari in Burhingham where Zardari faced jeers and cat-calls. Zardari, who chose to go on a foreign tour as his country faced a disaster, continues to face ire from public and media.
Media reports in Pakistan described his visit as a "joy ride”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon