Zardari, Gilani hail positive talks with India
Islamabad: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday hailed the "positive outcome" of the Pakistan-India foreign ministers` talks and vowed to continue the dialogue process to resolve all issues between the two countries.
Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and her Indian counterpart SM Krishna met in New Delhi on Wednesday and agreed on several confidence-building measures and also pledged to continue the dialogue process.
Pakistan welcomes the commitment of the foreign ministers to work together in seeking early and amicable solutions to all issues, Xinhua reported quoting Zardari.
Earlier, Khar had briefed the Prime Minister about her visit to India and the outcome of the talks with Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna. Khar, during her July 26-28 visit, also met with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Gilani reiterated that Pakistan desires to have good neighbourly relations with all regional countries, including India, in the larger interest of the people of South Asia, according to a statement issued by his office on Friday.
The continuation of the dialogue process with India would help facilitate discussions on all issues of common concern between the two countries, Gilani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!