Zardari, Gilani hail positive talks with India
Islamabad: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday hailed the "positive outcome" of the Pakistan-India foreign ministers` talks and vowed to continue the dialogue process to resolve all issues between the two countries.
Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and her Indian counterpart SM Krishna met in New Delhi on Wednesday and agreed on several confidence-building measures and also pledged to continue the dialogue process.
Pakistan welcomes the commitment of the foreign ministers to work together in seeking early and amicable solutions to all issues, Xinhua reported quoting Zardari.
Earlier, Khar had briefed the Prime Minister about her visit to India and the outcome of the talks with Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna. Khar, during her July 26-28 visit, also met with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Gilani reiterated that Pakistan desires to have good neighbourly relations with all regional countries, including India, in the larger interest of the people of South Asia, according to a statement issued by his office on Friday.
The continuation of the dialogue process with India would help facilitate discussions on all issues of common concern between the two countries, Gilani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt