Zardari meets British deputy PM, discusses ties
Islamabad: Pakistan`s President Asif Ali Zardari met British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg in London and discussed bilateral ties as well as the prospect of expanding Pakistan-Britain trade, it was reported here.
Zardari and Clegg also spoke on Britain`s support to Pakistan`s access to European markets, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
Pakistan People’s Party chairperson Bilawal Bhutto Zardari was present in the Thursday meeting.
Zardari, during the day, also met a delegation of British businessmen.
He said Britain and Pakistan need to work closely to further enhance their partnership in diverse areas in trade and investment.
President`s spokesperson Farhatullah Babar said that during the meeting Zardari invited British businessmen to invest in Pakistan`s infrastructure projects on build-own-operate (BOO) basis, offering to set up special industrial zones in the country where the foreign investors will be provided with tax incentives, captive power and facilities to export their products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee
- Nicolas Sarkozy tells comeback rally he would ban burkini across France