Zardari meets British deputy PM, discusses ties
Islamabad: Pakistan`s President Asif Ali Zardari met British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg in London and discussed bilateral ties as well as the prospect of expanding Pakistan-Britain trade, it was reported here.
Zardari and Clegg also spoke on Britain`s support to Pakistan`s access to European markets, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
Pakistan People’s Party chairperson Bilawal Bhutto Zardari was present in the Thursday meeting.
Zardari, during the day, also met a delegation of British businessmen.
He said Britain and Pakistan need to work closely to further enhance their partnership in diverse areas in trade and investment.
President`s spokesperson Farhatullah Babar said that during the meeting Zardari invited British businessmen to invest in Pakistan`s infrastructure projects on build-own-operate (BOO) basis, offering to set up special industrial zones in the country where the foreign investors will be provided with tax incentives, captive power and facilities to export their products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok