Zardari meets Gilani, Kayani before India visit
Lahore: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari
met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Army Chief Gen
Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Saturday night for preparatory discussions
regarding his visit to India, including the case of JuD chief
Hafiz Mohammad Saeed.
Officials sources said the USD 10 million US bounty for
Saeed necessitated the meeting of the top civil and military
leadership at the Governor`s House in Lahore late tonight.
Zardari is visiting India tomorrow for a day-long visit
that has primarily been billed as a personal one for paying
obeisance at the Sufi shrine at Ajmer, but will also see him
having a lunch meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, Interior Minister
Rehman Malik and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jillani were
present at the meeting.
Sources at Governor`s House said that the President
took the Army Chief and Prime Minister into confidence over
his visit to India.
Presidential spokesman Faratullah Babar said the security
situation was discussed during the meeting.
Babar said the President held a separate meeting with the
Prime Minister and Army Chief and discussed the search and
rescue operation to save the lives of at least 100 soldiers
trapped in the snow after an avalanche hit Siachen this
Expressing grave concern over the incident, the President
emphasised that all resources should be employ in the search
and rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp