Zardari meets Gilani, Kayani before India visit
Lahore: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari
met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Army Chief Gen
Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Saturday night for preparatory discussions
regarding his visit to India, including the case of JuD chief
Hafiz Mohammad Saeed.
Officials sources said the USD 10 million US bounty for
Saeed necessitated the meeting of the top civil and military
leadership at the Governor`s House in Lahore late tonight.
Zardari is visiting India tomorrow for a day-long visit
that has primarily been billed as a personal one for paying
obeisance at the Sufi shrine at Ajmer, but will also see him
having a lunch meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, Interior Minister
Rehman Malik and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jillani were
present at the meeting.
Sources at Governor`s House said that the President
took the Army Chief and Prime Minister into confidence over
his visit to India.
Presidential spokesman Faratullah Babar said the security
situation was discussed during the meeting.
Babar said the President held a separate meeting with the
Prime Minister and Army Chief and discussed the search and
rescue operation to save the lives of at least 100 soldiers
trapped in the snow after an avalanche hit Siachen this
Expressing grave concern over the incident, the President
emphasised that all resources should be employ in the search
and rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues