Zardari meets Gilani, Kayani before India visit
Lahore: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari
met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Army Chief Gen
Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Saturday night for preparatory discussions
regarding his visit to India, including the case of JuD chief
Hafiz Mohammad Saeed.
Officials sources said the USD 10 million US bounty for
Saeed necessitated the meeting of the top civil and military
leadership at the Governor`s House in Lahore late tonight.
Zardari is visiting India tomorrow for a day-long visit
that has primarily been billed as a personal one for paying
obeisance at the Sufi shrine at Ajmer, but will also see him
having a lunch meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, Interior Minister
Rehman Malik and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jillani were
present at the meeting.
Sources at Governor`s House said that the President
took the Army Chief and Prime Minister into confidence over
his visit to India.
Presidential spokesman Faratullah Babar said the security
situation was discussed during the meeting.
Babar said the President held a separate meeting with the
Prime Minister and Army Chief and discussed the search and
rescue operation to save the lives of at least 100 soldiers
trapped in the snow after an avalanche hit Siachen this
Expressing grave concern over the incident, the President
emphasised that all resources should be employ in the search
and rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi