Zardari meets Gilani, Kayani before India visit
Lahore: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari
met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Army Chief Gen
Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Saturday night for preparatory discussions
regarding his visit to India, including the case of JuD chief
Hafiz Mohammad Saeed.
Officials sources said the USD 10 million US bounty for
Saeed necessitated the meeting of the top civil and military
leadership at the Governor`s House in Lahore late tonight.
Zardari is visiting India tomorrow for a day-long visit
that has primarily been billed as a personal one for paying
obeisance at the Sufi shrine at Ajmer, but will also see him
having a lunch meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, Interior Minister
Rehman Malik and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jillani were
present at the meeting.
Sources at Governor`s House said that the President
took the Army Chief and Prime Minister into confidence over
his visit to India.
Presidential spokesman Faratullah Babar said the security
situation was discussed during the meeting.
Babar said the President held a separate meeting with the
Prime Minister and Army Chief and discussed the search and
rescue operation to save the lives of at least 100 soldiers
trapped in the snow after an avalanche hit Siachen this
Expressing grave concern over the incident, the President
emphasised that all resources should be employ in the search
and rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest