Zardari meets top leaders ahead of Parl address
Islamabad: President Asif Ali Zardari on Wednesday chaired a meeting of top leaders of Pakistan`s ruling
coalition to review foreign policy and security-related issues
ahead of his address to a joint session of Parliament on March
The meeting at the presidency was attended by Prime
Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez
Kayani, Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman
and Inter-Services Intelligence chief Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja
Pasha, officials said.
The meeting was briefed on foreign policy and
security-related issues, the officials said without giving
Zardari is scheduled to address a joint session of the
Senate and National Assembly at a time when the Pakistan
People’s Party-led government is conducting a crucial review
of its ties with the US.
Pakistan has also stepped up its efforts to play a larger
role in the endgame in Afghanistan, including moves to rope in
the Taliban in the reconciliation process.
The meeting was also attended by Finance Minister Abdul
Hafeez Shaikh, Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, PML-Q
leaders Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and Mushahid Hussain Syed,
Awami National Party chief Asfandyar Wali Khan, Muttahida
Qaumi Movement leader Farooq Sattar, Foreign Secretary Jalil
Abbas Jillani and his predecessor Salman Bashir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi