Zardari, Nawaz disappointed voters: Imran Khan
Islamabad: Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has said the country honoured President Asif Ali Zardari and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif but they disappointed their voters in return, Geo News reported.
Addressing a public gathering on Saturday in Punjab`s Mianwali district, the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) chief said it was time the "usurpers of national wealth" were made publicly accountable, according to Geo News.
Khan said the country needed to break itself from foreign grip.
"First of all, Pakistan must break the `foreign shackles` to become a free country," Imran Khan said adding that his party would transform Pakistan into a country envisioned by Pakistan founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
Condemning rising inflation, he said the epicurean rulers have starved the masses of the country with their record corruption in the last four years.
"The nation could neither make both ends meet nor could they find any self-respect under the unholy alliance ruling the country," he said.
Commenting on Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Khan said he (Gilani) would rather faint before writing to Swiss government for he was his master`s true voice without any doubt.
Pakistan`s apex court had warned the government of action if its ruling on the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO), which granted immunity to politicians and bureaucrats in corruption cases, was not implemented by January 10, 2012.
The court had sought reopening of cases closed under the NRO, struck down as void in 2009. It had ordered the government to write a letter to the Swiss authorities to reopen cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
On March 21, Gilani`s counsel told the Supreme Court that the government could not write to Swiss authorities on a corruption case against Zardari as long as he was president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video