Zardari orders Sindh CM to address all reservations shown by MQM
Karachi: In a bid to pacify the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), one of the coalition partners at the Centre as well as the Sindh government, President Asif Ali Zardari has ordered Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah to address all reservations shown by the party.
In a meeting with Zardari at Bilawal House, Sindh Governor Dr Ishrat-ul-Ibad updated him about the MQM’s reservation, the Dawn reports.
Zardari assured the governor that all the concerns would be addressed accordingly, and formally directed the chief minister to resolve the issues.
He also reiterated his stand to take all coalition partners together during the meeting, which was also attended by Interior Minister Rehman Malik and Law Minister Babar Awan.
Earlier this week, MQM chief Altaf Hussain had ratified the decision of his party’s Coordination Committee to quit the federal government, and also gave a final warning to the Pakistan People’s Party-led government to mend its ways, or else the MQM would be forced to part ways with the Sindh coalition too, and move from the government to the opposition benches.
“MQM will continue to stand by the government only if it mends its ways, weeds out corruption and resolve people’s issues such as price hike,” said the MQM chief.
“Had Pakistan People’s Party acted on my advice given time after time, the PPP and people would not have to face the present circumstances,” Altaf regretted.
“Time has still not run out and now the ball is in PPP’s court,” he said, adding that the MQM was not interested in continuing to be part of the government, it rather wanted to work for serving the masses, who were facing severe hardship due to relentless price hike and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed