Zardari shoe-thrower to visit Pakistan
London: A Briton, who had hurled shoes at Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari during his last official visit to the UK, has announced to visit Pakistan on March 23 - the Pakistan Resolution Day.
Mohammed Shamim Khan had attempted to attack Zardari when he was addressing a rally of Pakistan People’s Party at the International Convention Centre in Birmingham on August 07 last year.
"I could feel the anger brewing up inside me as Zardari talked about the floods in Pakistan. I thought we have a crisis back at home and all he can do is take a trip around Europe while his own people are suffering," he was quoted as saying after the incident.
The 63-year-old Khan is now optimistic that his arrival in Pakistan will herald a Khomeini-like Iranian revolution in the country, The News reports.
He is encouraged by the response he had received from Pakistan following the show-hurling incident, and hopes that thousands will turn out to greet him when he lands in Islamabad.
Khan is also aware that he may be targeted by PPP activists and the state itself for his daring act, but believes that silence is not an option in view of the floundering state of affairs in Pakistan.
“I have been contacted by leaders of all parties from Pakistan and [Pak-occupied] Kashmir (PoK). They have extended support to me. They have also invited me to visit Pakistan,” said Khan, who originally hails from PoK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks