Zardari to visit China for Asiad opening ceremony
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari will pay a visit to China - his sixth since assuming
office in 2008 - this week to attend the opening ceremony of
the Asian Games and to meet Chinese government and business
Zardari`s visit during November 11-13 will take him to
Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province.
This will also be his second visit to Guangzhou, the
Foreign Office said in a statement.
Besides attending the opening ceremony of the 16th
Asian Games, Zardari will attend the Pakistan-China Economic
Reconstruction Forum in Beijing and the China Council for the
Promotion of International Trade in Guangdong.
"The visit will provide an opportunity to reaffirm the
immense importance that Pakistan attaches to its relations
with China. It will also provide an opportunity for enhancing
trade and investment relations with Guangdong," the statement
Pakistan and China "share complete convergence of
views on regional and global issues" and the President`s visit
will be "another important step forward in the ever-growing
friendship," the statement added.
"Strengthening of cooperation with China is one of the
key principles guiding Pakistan`s foreign policy. This
relationship continues to play an important role in Pakistan`s
economic development," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown