Zardari urges Chinese entrepreneurs to invest in Pak
Hangzhou: Visiting Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has urged Chinese entrepreneurs to set up business ventures in that country in a bid to boost foreign investment.
Zardari made the call during his visit to Hangzhou, capital of China`s Zhejiang Province, on Saturday.
With the gradual recovery of its economy, Pakistan is making efforts to explore new international markets and remove barriers for investment and trade so as to attract more foreign investment, Zardari told reporters in Hangzhou.
Zhejiang is one of the Chinese provinces that enjoy close exchanges with Pakistan. Forty-three Pakistani companies have set up their businesses in Zhejiang, said Zardari.
The Pakistani leader said his country would introduce favourable investment policies for Chinese businessmen in the country.
Pakistani officials said Chinese investments are needed in the country`s agriculture, hydropower and energy sectors. The infrastructure alone will require an initial investment of USD 110 billion.
They said Chinese fruit preservers can also play a crucial role in Pakistan as about 40 percent of the fruits cannot be transported due to the lack of freezing vehicles.
Zardari was paying his fourth visit to China since taking office last September.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket