Zardari`s Ajmer donation a `financial scam`
Islamabad: Leader of Opposition in the Pakistan National Assembly, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, has said the donation announced by President Asif Ali Zardari for the administration of the shrine at Ajmer Sharif during his India visit, was tantamount to a financial scam.
According to Nisar, this was because the President had donated USD one million from the national kitty and not from his own pocket, reports The Nation.
Zardari had offered a grant of Rs five crore on behalf of his government at the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Dargah in Ajmer during his one-day visit to India in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation