Zardari`s Ajmer donation a `financial scam`
Islamabad: Leader of Opposition in the Pakistan National Assembly, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, has said the donation announced by President Asif Ali Zardari for the administration of the shrine at Ajmer Sharif during his India visit, was tantamount to a financial scam.
According to Nisar, this was because the President had donated USD one million from the national kitty and not from his own pocket, reports The Nation.
Zardari had offered a grant of Rs five crore on behalf of his government at the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Dargah in Ajmer during his one-day visit to India in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul