`Zardari`s donation to reach Ajmer Dargah soon`
New Delhi: The Pakistan High Commission on Monday clarified that arrangements are in hand to make the donation Rs 5 crore to the Ajmer dargah which was promised by President Asif Ali Zardari during his visit to the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty.
The Pakistan High Commission responded after reports appeared that even three-and-a-half months after Zardari’s announcement, donation to the shrine of Chisty has not reached.
The spokesperson of the Pakistan High Commission said: “Arrangements are in hand to make the donation as announced by the President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari. The High Commission thanks the Government of India, the State Authorities, and the Dargah Committees for their cooperation in this regard.”
The Pakistan High Commission, too, failed to respond to the proposed development projects at the shrine by the dargah committee (a government recognised body) and Anjuman Syed Zadgan committee (of hereditary khadims).
Zardari visited the 12th century shrine of Chisty with his son Bilawal Ali Bhutto on April 08.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family