18-year-old West Bengal girl selected for top NASA programme
Kolkata: Making the country very proud in the field of space science, an eighteen-year-old girl from Wese Bengal has been selected by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for its prestigious Goddard Internship Programme under the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), says a report.
As per the Times of India report, Sataparna Mukherjee, who is a Class 12 student from a village around 30km from Kolkata, bagged the top NASA scholarship with her amazing work on 'Black Hole Theory', in which she has written a paper on the subject proposing on how this could be used to create a 'Time Machine'.
Stating reason for her selection in NASA, Satarpana said that when she shared her paper on Black Hole Theory with the US space agency, it was greatly appreciated, says the report.
The teen will give her school-leaving exams this year from St Judes School, Madhyamgram, in Kamduni, West Bengal. She will be going to Oxford University, where she she will pursue her graduation, post-graduation and PhD (as NASA faculty) in aerospace engineering at its London Astrobiology Centre.
It is said that under the Goddard Internship Programme, she will work as a NASA employee and a researcher. Besides bearing all her expenses, NASA is also paying her a generous sum as honorarium.
Sataparna is among five scholars chosen from across the world for NASA's prestigious programme and the youngest Indian ever selected for a research project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM