2 Russians take spacewalk outside space station
Cape Canaveral: Two Russian cosmonauts are taking a spacewalk outside their orbiting home.
The pair floated out of the International Space Station today morning. Pavel Vinogradov and Roman Romanenko will gather old science experiments and install some new ones, and also replace a navigation device.
Romanenko is a second-generation spaceman who`s following in his father`s bootsteps. Retired cosmonaut Yuri Romanenko performed spacewalks back in the 1970s and 1980s. This is the son`s first experience out in the vacuum of space.
Vinogradov, a cosmonaut for more than 20 years, is making his seventh spacewalk.
Russian flight controllers outside Moscow are overseeing all the action for what is the first of eight spacewalks to be conducted this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt