2 Russians take spacewalk outside space station
Cape Canaveral: Two Russian cosmonauts are taking a spacewalk outside their orbiting home.
The pair floated out of the International Space Station today morning. Pavel Vinogradov and Roman Romanenko will gather old science experiments and install some new ones, and also replace a navigation device.
Romanenko is a second-generation spaceman who`s following in his father`s bootsteps. Retired cosmonaut Yuri Romanenko performed spacewalks back in the 1970s and 1980s. This is the son`s first experience out in the vacuum of space.
Vinogradov, a cosmonaut for more than 20 years, is making his seventh spacewalk.
Russian flight controllers outside Moscow are overseeing all the action for what is the first of eight spacewalks to be conducted this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad