2 Russians take spacewalk outside space station
Cape Canaveral: Two Russian cosmonauts are taking a spacewalk outside their orbiting home.
The pair floated out of the International Space Station today morning. Pavel Vinogradov and Roman Romanenko will gather old science experiments and install some new ones, and also replace a navigation device.
Romanenko is a second-generation spaceman who`s following in his father`s bootsteps. Retired cosmonaut Yuri Romanenko performed spacewalks back in the 1970s and 1980s. This is the son`s first experience out in the vacuum of space.
Vinogradov, a cosmonaut for more than 20 years, is making his seventh spacewalk.
Russian flight controllers outside Moscow are overseeing all the action for what is the first of eight spacewalks to be conducted this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog