2 Russians take spacewalk outside space station
Cape Canaveral: Two Russian cosmonauts are taking a spacewalk outside their orbiting home.
The pair floated out of the International Space Station today morning. Pavel Vinogradov and Roman Romanenko will gather old science experiments and install some new ones, and also replace a navigation device.
Romanenko is a second-generation spaceman who`s following in his father`s bootsteps. Retired cosmonaut Yuri Romanenko performed spacewalks back in the 1970s and 1980s. This is the son`s first experience out in the vacuum of space.
Vinogradov, a cosmonaut for more than 20 years, is making his seventh spacewalk.
Russian flight controllers outside Moscow are overseeing all the action for what is the first of eight spacewalks to be conducted this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan