2012’s final full moon rises Friday
Washington: The last full moon of 2012 will rise into the night sky this week, it has been revealed.
The full moon is actually an instantaneous event when the moon is exactly opposite the sun in the Earth’s sky.
The full moon of December is called the oak moon. Other names are frost moon, winter moon, long night’s moon, and moon before Yule. In Hindi it is known as margashirsha poornima.
This year’s final full moon will occur on Friday morning, Dec. 28, at 5:21 a.m. EST (1021 GMT).
But to the naked eye, the moon will look full for a couple of days on either side of that time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living