3 more eclipses this year
Hyderabad: Besides Friday’s solar
eclipse, there will be three more eclipses during the year,
B G Siddharth, Director, Birla Science Centre here said.
Speaking to PTI, he said that there will be partial
eclipse of the moon on June 26 followed by a total solar
eclipse on July 11 2010 which, however, will not be visible
from India .
The last eclipse during the year will be on December 21,
a total lunar eclipse, which will also be visible from India .
In any given year there are a minimum of two eclipses.
This year there are in all four eclipses.
He said in Hyderabad, the Friday eclipse will begin at
11.30 am and will cover 77 percent of the sun at 1.32 noon. It
will be over by 3.15. Inclement weather is likely to play a
He said while in Hyderabad the eclipse will be partial as
it covers 77 percent of the sun, it will be annular at the
extreme tip of south near Kanyakumari where one can see the
peripheral ring with the sun being covered 92 percent and a
ring like formation will be seen.
Siddharth has cautioned the people that the eclipse
should not be seen with an x ray films or through smoked
glasses or photographic films but should be seen only through
certified solar eclipse special goggles or certified solar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'