59-hour countdown for ISRO`s PSLV-C20 begins
Chennai: The 59-hour countdown for the February 25 launch of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle to put into orbit seven satellites, including Indo-French spacecraft SARAL, commenced at 6.56 AM on Saturday at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in the spaceport of Sriharikota.
The Launch Authorisation Board earlier cleared the launch schedule for February 25 at 5.56 PM from the first launch pad in Sriharikota, about 90 kms from here, Indian Space Research Organisation sources said.
PSLV-C20, the 23rd PSLV Mission of ISRO, would put the 400 kg Indo-French satellite and six others into orbit.
SARAL refers to Satellite with ARgos and ALtika. The French space agency
CNES has developed ARgos and ALtikameter for analysing the ocean.
The rehearsal launch of PSLV - C20 with the primary satellite SARAL and six other foreign satellites has been completed satisfactorily, the sources said.
The other six auxiliary payloads are -- two each from Canada, Austria and one each from Denmark and the United Kingdom.
President Pranab Mukherjee is likely to witness the launch along with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you