Alien probes may have visited our solar system before dawn of man
Washington: Researchers have predicted that an interstellar probe fleet - travelling at 10 percent of speed of light - could survey the entire Milky Way galaxy in 10 million years.
University of Edinburgh researchers, Arwen Nicholson and Duncan Forgan`s computer simulations showed that the probes could get a turbo-boost and could save fuel by doing a slingshot off the stars` gravitational fields, Discovery News reported.
In their recent paper, the researchers explored 3 scenarios of behaviour of a probe, the first one was that a probe uses standard powered flight, another scenario was that a probe uses gravitational slingshot techniques around stars, and third was hop scotching star-by-star to get the greatest speed boost under trajectories of slingshot.
The simulations also suggest that our solar system may have been visited - probably more than once - well-before human beings walked the Earth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive