Alien probes may have visited our solar system before dawn of man
Washington: Researchers have predicted that an interstellar probe fleet - travelling at 10 percent of speed of light - could survey the entire Milky Way galaxy in 10 million years.
University of Edinburgh researchers, Arwen Nicholson and Duncan Forgan`s computer simulations showed that the probes could get a turbo-boost and could save fuel by doing a slingshot off the stars` gravitational fields, Discovery News reported.
In their recent paper, the researchers explored 3 scenarios of behaviour of a probe, the first one was that a probe uses standard powered flight, another scenario was that a probe uses gravitational slingshot techniques around stars, and third was hop scotching star-by-star to get the greatest speed boost under trajectories of slingshot.
The simulations also suggest that our solar system may have been visited - probably more than once - well-before human beings walked the Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker