Aliens could be among us, says top astronomer
London: Lord Martin Rees, the Astronomer Royal of the UK, says aliens could be amongst us and we may not be able to recognise them.
"They could be staring us in the face and we just don``t recognise them," the Sun quoted him, as saying.
Rees, who is also the President of the Royal Society, continued: "The problem is that we``re looking for something very much like us, assuming that they at least have something like the same mathematics and technology.
"I suspect there could be life and intelligence out there in forms that we can``t conceive.
"Just as a chimpanzee can``t understand quantum theory, it could be there are aspects of reality which are beyond the capacity of our brains."
Rees, 67, was speaking shortly after hosting the first conference on the possibility of alien life in the Royal Society``s 350-year-history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what