Aliens could be among us, says top astronomer
London: Lord Martin Rees, the Astronomer Royal of the UK, says aliens could be amongst us and we may not be able to recognise them.
"They could be staring us in the face and we just don``t recognise them," the Sun quoted him, as saying.
Rees, who is also the President of the Royal Society, continued: "The problem is that we``re looking for something very much like us, assuming that they at least have something like the same mathematics and technology.
"I suspect there could be life and intelligence out there in forms that we can``t conceive.
"Just as a chimpanzee can``t understand quantum theory, it could be there are aspects of reality which are beyond the capacity of our brains."
Rees, 67, was speaking shortly after hosting the first conference on the possibility of alien life in the Royal Society``s 350-year-history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport