Aligarh schoolgirl leaves for US for NASA student programme
Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh): Palak Agrawal, one of the two schoolgirls selected from India to visit the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) agency for training in space shuttle designing, left for the US on Friday late night.
Palak Agarwal, who belongs to Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh district, has been selected under a student programme under which few students across the globe get an opportunity to get trained at NASA.
Palak, studying in X standard, values American astronaut of Indian origin Kalpana Chawla as her source of inspiration, as she studies in the same school in which Chawla used to study.
“I am inspired by Kalpana Chawla. She dreamt that India should foster ahead in this (astronomy) field. I want to fulfill her dream," said Palak Agrawal.
Meanwhile, Palak’s family expressed its happiness and said that they were all proud of her achievement.
“Parents feel proud if their kid does well. She was determined from beginning to achieve something in a scientific field. Inspired by Kalpana Chawla, she did her research on Internet. We helped her in whatever manner we can. Wherever she had to give test or seek admission, we took her and will continue to do so,” said Palak’s father, Kanhiya Lal Agrawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray