Antrix has earned Rs 4,408 crore since 1992: Govt
New Delhi: Antrix, the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), has generated Rs 4,408 crore since 1992 by rendering different services, government told the Rajya Sabha today.
In a written reply, Minister of State for Department of Space Jitendra Singh said Antrix provides various services, including marketing and direct reception of data from Indian Remote Sensing Satellites to national and international clientele and leasing of satellite transponders on-board INSAT/GSAT satellites.
"The income generated by Antrix, since 1992, for providing these services is Rs 4,408 crore," Singh said.
He said in addition, the satellites of foreign countries are launched by ISRO on commercial basis under contract between respective foreign customer and Antrix.
As on date, ISRO has launched 40 such satellites from 19 countries and have generated 50.47 million Euros and US$ 17.17 million.
The future actions of Antrix include expanding the date and direct reception of Indian Remote Sensing Satellites to national and international clientele, enhancing leasing of satellite transponders to Indian customers, increasing launch services for foreign satellites on-board Indian launch vehicles and enhancing marketing of satellites and sub-systems, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video