Apollo 10 Moon mission astronauts had poop problem
New York: Poop in space! Astronauts onboard NASA`s Apollo 10 Moon mission had to face toilet-related issues, with human waste floating in the cockpit in one incident, it has emerged.
Deep into the 500-page declassified transcript of the 1969 Moon mission, the three NASA astronauts complain about an unsightly unidentified flying object (UFO) inside the aircraft, New York Daily News reported.
"Give me a napkin, quick. There`s a turd floating through the air," Commander Tom Stafford says.
"I didn`t do it," Command module pilot John Young responds. "It ain`t one of mine."
"I don`t think it`s one of mine," said Lunar module pilot Gene Cernan.
"Mine was a little more sticky than that," Stafford responds. "Throw that away."
And then a little while later, Cernan says, according to the transcript: "Here`s another goddam turd. What`s the matter with you guys?"
The conversation was recorded in June of 1969, one month before Neil Armstrong walked on the Moon during the Apollo 11 mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam