Apollo 10 Moon mission astronauts had poop problem
New York: Poop in space! Astronauts onboard NASA`s Apollo 10 Moon mission had to face toilet-related issues, with human waste floating in the cockpit in one incident, it has emerged.
Deep into the 500-page declassified transcript of the 1969 Moon mission, the three NASA astronauts complain about an unsightly unidentified flying object (UFO) inside the aircraft, New York Daily News reported.
"Give me a napkin, quick. There`s a turd floating through the air," Commander Tom Stafford says.
"I didn`t do it," Command module pilot John Young responds. "It ain`t one of mine."
"I don`t think it`s one of mine," said Lunar module pilot Gene Cernan.
"Mine was a little more sticky than that," Stafford responds. "Throw that away."
And then a little while later, Cernan says, according to the transcript: "Here`s another goddam turd. What`s the matter with you guys?"
The conversation was recorded in June of 1969, one month before Neil Armstrong walked on the Moon during the Apollo 11 mission.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists