Apollo 10 Moon mission astronauts had poop problem
New York: Poop in space! Astronauts onboard NASA`s Apollo 10 Moon mission had to face toilet-related issues, with human waste floating in the cockpit in one incident, it has emerged.
Deep into the 500-page declassified transcript of the 1969 Moon mission, the three NASA astronauts complain about an unsightly unidentified flying object (UFO) inside the aircraft, New York Daily News reported.
"Give me a napkin, quick. There`s a turd floating through the air," Commander Tom Stafford says.
"I didn`t do it," Command module pilot John Young responds. "It ain`t one of mine."
"I don`t think it`s one of mine," said Lunar module pilot Gene Cernan.
"Mine was a little more sticky than that," Stafford responds. "Throw that away."
And then a little while later, Cernan says, according to the transcript: "Here`s another goddam turd. What`s the matter with you guys?"
The conversation was recorded in June of 1969, one month before Neil Armstrong walked on the Moon during the Apollo 11 mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30